
Yesterday, on Friday September 20th, I actually helped an old women cross the street. I thought that helping an old woman cross the street is just a good Samaritan scenario that never really happens. After I left work I was walking back to my apartment, and as I approached the crosswalk I saw this old woman and she looked really funny. First she pushed the button to cross the street and the started looking at the traffic. This is on Lancaster ave. which is full of heavy traffic, and cars are wizzing 45 mph a half a foot away from this woman. As she looked at the traffic she began putting her hands forward and started stepping forwards and backwards as if she was trying to get into a game of jump rope. I thought that she was going to run through the street, and dodge cars like in Frogger. I decided to walk right up to her left hand side, put my face in front of hers and I just smiled at her. She then looked up at me and said, "thank you soo much for coming to help me. I was very frightened to cross the street." She looked and talked to me as if I were an angel and just answered her prayer. I told her,"just relax and I will help you cross the street, we have to wait for that light to turn red." The old women went on to explain, "You see I had a knee replacement a very long time ago and I haven't been out walking or crossing any streets since then , so I am very happy to have someone like you." In awkward silence, we patiently waited for the light to turn red and the walk sign to appear . Finally the lights changed and I helped her cross the street. As we crossed the street I asked her where she was going. She told me that she was on her way to buy some new shoes. Helping the woman gave a nice chuckle to my head, and I was happy that I could help someone out. I think I deserve some kind of boyscout patch.
That is too sweet!
ReplyDelete