So the results of the ultrasound are GIRL!! whoohooo!
So sunday was Darren's last day at Trader Joes on Milpas, he is now an employee of the Ventura Trader Joes, and therefore drove the truck to work last night.
If anyone has met our wonderful old bad ass truck you know it is a little loud and rowdy, so if we come home later in the evening, we have been cutting the engine and rolling in to the carport so as not to rattle the neighbors who are sleeping above it. BUT apparently last night when Darren cut the engine he forgot to put it in park after he stopped. It was a little ghetto rigged so you can start it in any gear, so this morning when I went out to start it and drive to work, I turned it on and it revved and jumped about 3 feet forward before I caught it with the break. All this happened in a split second, and sometimes I don't always start it with my foot on the break because you need to feather the gas some too. But today I was just only pushing the break about half way. I am SOOOOOOOOO glad I caught the break and we didn't run into the wall! I am also glad i had the presence of mind to react fast, since sometimes this prego brain fails me. It could have happened to either of us, but I got a really good chuckle out of it for about an hour this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment