Friday, October 30, 2009

toys, Toys, TOYS

this week i have been in charge of sorting, separating and rotating some of Brody's toys from the "secret stash" in his closet. Maybe it is because he is a boy and all his toys have small parts, or that each set is not related to the next, but I was overwhelmed at first. The job got done, but I decided that if our children(none on the way) ever get to the point of needing to rotate toys and i have to worry about storing them, I think it will be a sign that WE HAVE TOO MANY and it might be time to donate or trash some.

It could be I am fooling myself, maybe all those Barbie pieces I had were just as frustrating to my mom, but maybe they could all be thrown in to one container.
Do people with kids feel overwhelmed by the volume? can toys push you out of your own house? How do you weed out the not needed toys without feeling guilty?

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding...there are NO TOYS that are not needed! Medford came back to life, and the legos...well, they too were brought back...20 years later! You don't get pushed out...you just well, maybe you do get pushed out!

    ReplyDelete